The Davis Moon Project is seeking interns or professionals with experience in fundraising and public relations. The volunteer will work with our team and report to the Executive Director.
For those not seeking an internship you can contact Haleigh Haggerton directly to see how we can fit your needs.
- Network to find media opportunities
- Writing and submitting articles to Austin/DC-Based media outlets
- Editing/improving existing marketing materials
- Identifying on-line media opportunities
- Internal marketing for our existing data base
- Identify grant opportunities, local fundraising events and on-line events
Improve Web Content:
- DMP Website, Twitter and Facebook Fan Pages
- Opportunity to travel to Ethiopia on August 2012 Literacy Mission
- Gain exposure and understanding to literacy challenges facing third world countries
- Attend meetings/fundraisers/events with DMP staff
- Gain experience with grassroots non-profit
- Internship can potentially count towards a credit based course for your degree, depending on departmental approval
- Work from location and hours that suit you as long as communication is readily available
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks and Adobe Design a PLUS!
- Must have strong writing and communication skills
- Flexible Availability
- We can currently accommodate interns in the Austin and Washington D.C Areas.